16 December 2007

2007 Favs

There's so much music that came out in 2007 that I'm not hip to yet, but what follows is a list of albums that did make it onto my radar that I find at least notable. I will say that nothing I heard this year moved me as much (not even close) as the Joan As Police Woman record. She also is a no-contest winner for the best live show I saw in 2007.

Joan As Police Woman
, Real Life
Okkervil River, The Stage Names
Wilco, Sky Blue Sky
Beirut, Lon Gisland EP
Interpol, Our Love To Admire
Great Lakes Swimmers, Live EP
Loney, Dear, Loney, Noir
The National, Boxer
The Shins, Wincing the Night Away
Besnard Lakes, Are the Dark Horse
Chromeo, Fancy Footwork
Ferraby Lionheart, Catch the Brass Ring
Panda Bear, Person Pitch
Black Kids, Wizards of Ahhhs EP

Honorable mention: (mainly b/c I'm tired of linking. . .)
Feist, The Reminder
Modest Mouse, We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
Arcade Fire, Neon Bible
Peter, Bjorn and John, Writer's Block (wasn't this a 2006 release? But it's on Paste's list. . .)
The Broken West, I Can't Go On, I'll Go On

I was underwhelmed by Radiohead's In Rainbows. I am open to loving the record, but I need to spend some more time with it.

**Next post: my favorite singles of 2007 from the blogosphere.

No comments: